On Sun, 02 Jul 2000, Fran Parker wrote:
> Faster or not is not the issue...skip the VIA chipset!
> Been there, done that!  I have a VIA chipset and
> unless they have made it more multi-OS friendly
> than my VIA chipset, skip it!  The one I have was
> built for Windows

Well I have 3 different VIA systems (aprox 3yrs to 6mo old, one
running a Winchip) and one Intel system and I have noticed zero
difference related to installing/using Linux. I've swapped drives
between VIA and Intel without a hitch. It seems like most problems
are whats plugged into the motherboard/system not the
motherboards/chipsets.