Not a problem!  I'm using GTE adsl service myself (768k / 128k).  I'm using
a Netgear RT311 dsl router as my firewall and since I got the cheapest
package, it comes with the dynamic address.  When I set up 7.1, it
recognized my connection without a hitch (make sure to tell it to look for
the DHCP server if you're using the dynamic ip) and all you need to do is
tell Netscape what your email settings are and off you go.

Mike