My default value for $DISPLAY is

:0.0

rather than

unix:0.0

Perhaps this accounts for it?  I don't have a clue, I must admit, what
xbobo is.  Are you running this on the local machine in fact?  What if
you change DISPLAY to :0.0?

--
"Brian, the man from babble-on"              [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brian T. Schellenberger                      http://www.babbleon.org