On Fri, 14 Jul 2000, Matt Stegman wrote:

> I'd suggest using NTFS for the system volume- commonly known as the "C:
> drive.".  NTFS is a much better performer than FAT.  If you need to move
> files between the operating systems, make a small, 200MB-or-so FAT
> partition.  Or however large you want.  Anyhow, I'd definitely avoid using
> FAT on an NT system volume.

Matt,
 I completely agree with you, but if you must copy things between
artitions, you can use the ntfs module in linux to read ntfs partitions,
and use explore2fs explorer in nt no navigate ext2 filesystem. I don't
know if mdk 7.1 has it module but I hope! and the e2fs is downloadable in

 http://uranus.it.swin.edu.au/~jn/linux/explore2fs.htm

Claudio