I welcome the new security options and root
should be avoided.

But, I don't have time to read up on all the new
changes. In an upgrade to 8.0 I would expect a
sharp learning curve.

I would like some response when I run into these
new walls built by Mandrake. A note in the new
security logs would be helpful. "Root tried to do
foofoo and that is not allowed". We are all used
to the lengthy tweaking period after a new
install, but now I have to wonder if every little
glitch is caused by the new security.

pelon