On Sun, 23 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> Sevatio Octavio wrote:
> >
> > I didn't catch your original question.  Are you wondering about remote
> > controlling another pc?  Or is this a laplink specific question?
>
> I want to transfer files between two linux boxes, using a laplink cable.
> I was hoping there would be program such as laplink or Xtree gold to
> help me set it up. I should do some further research into Midnight
> Commander, it has a file transfer command, I just need to find the docs.
> on how to set it up.

Have you considered putting a lan card in each and using
ssh/sftp or even just plain old ftp to copy the files over?
What about setting up nfs and using NFS to copy 'em over
the network?

You *can* set up something similar to laplink using a
terminal adapter util such as minicom and setting up on
linux box to "answer" the phone.... however, from what I
recall, you'll find a 10-megabit network a LOT faster!
        John