Sevatio Octavio wrote:

> I didn't catch your original question.  Are you wondering about remote
> controlling another pc?  Or is this a laplink specific question?

I want to transfer files between two linux boxes, using a laplink cable.
I was hoping there would be program such as laplink or Xtree gold to
help me set it up. I should do some further research into Midnight
Commander, it has a file transfer command, I just need to find the docs.
on how to set it up.

> Have you checked out VNC?  It's free at
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/vnc/ .  All you need is a browser to
> control another pc.

Thanks, that's a cool website. Unfortunately, VNC uses tcp/ip, and I
don't have any spare serial ports. They mention it
could be modified for rs-232, but that is way over my head.
--
Darryl Gibson
Linux Neophyte (tm)