On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, Sevatio Octavio wrote:

> Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2000 04:33:47 GMT
> From: Sevatio Octavio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: [expert] ALSA & Yamaha XG
>
> Some of you mentioned that you were able to get ALSA to work for Yamaha
> XG cards.  And you said that ALSA sounded better than OSS.  I'm currently
> using the OSS driver.  Could you tell me if ALSA gives you bass & treble
> controls or is it a hardware issue?

Before I forget, one more question. Have any of you played with Alsa on a
laptop. I am also using the OSS drivers for my YMF744b on a Sony VAIO
N505VX, similar to the N505VE, except it is a PII. The OSS drivers require
resetting on resume, do the alsa drivers have that same issue?

--
Regards,

Ellick Chan
[EMAIL PROTECTED]