On Mon, Jul 24, 2000 at 12:34:47PM -0700 or thereabouts, Don wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> > Submitted 24-Jul-00 by Don:
> ------------------snip------------------------------
> > > this is the error I am getting:
> > >
> > > Fatal: v4lx: Error opening v4lx device /dev/video: No such device in ::v4lxif
> >
> > mknod is not what you'r looking for.  Try "ln -s video0 video"
>

> Thanks, and I was able to get the video device back the way it was from the
> install.  However I am still gettin the same KWinTV error described above.

Don,
I gave up on KwinTV as it is difficult to get going.  I downloaded
xawtv, as it is a smaller program.  It works just fine, and right from
the get go.  In either version, you will need to do the following to
get it going:

Go to /lib/modules/kernel-version/misc
Look for the bttv, i2c, tuner, and videodev modules.
If they are there, do the following in root,
modprobe i2c.o
modprobe tuner type-2 (read the bttv readme to find out the correct
type # for your TV card)
modprobe bttv
modprobe videodev

After the modules are inserted, run the v4l-conf utility to configure
video4linux.  If it complains about no /dev/video, cd /dev and type
mknod /dev/video c 81 0.  Then rerun v4l-conf utility.

These are the only modules you will need to run kwintv or xawtv. You
should now be able to us KWinTV or Xawtv.

HTH,
Regards,
Gary