> > Hmm, Based on that I decided to try running kruiser as root before
> > changing any permissions. I su'ed and started kruiser from konsole, I
> > then logged in with my user name/password and it worked. Is this a
>
> I could get it to work by setting suid. But I don't know about security
> concerns.
>
> But now I can see onlt C: on the remote machine.. it has 2 more drives
> (partitions).. E: and F:.. but I see them as E$ and F$ and can't access
> them.. what does this mean?

Those would be hidden shares on a windows box, meaning you wouldn't see them
as shared items from another windows box unless you had administrator name
and password; and then you would have to access them by putting the '$'
after the share.  By default you would have \\computername\admin$ which
would put you at the %systemroot%, \\computername\driveletter$ which would
put you at that drive letter root and \\computername\print$ which would give
access to the printer.
I don't have samba experience yet, but I would think that your problem is in
the way your linux box is interpreting the other shares - are they actually
shared to the rest of your network?

Hope that helps, Mike