Dear friends:

Just installed LM 7.1 from CD.

DrakConf's "Change X-Resolution" does not work. It shows a little
screen that says: " Preparing to change resolution." And that's it. The
actual dialogue box for changing the X-Resolution never shows up. It
freezes and I have to turn it off with Cnt+Al+Esc. I am using the new
Xfree86 4.0 server, which passed the screen test and works fine with my
Nvidia TNT 3d card with 16megs of video RAM. I use 800 x 600 resolution
with 65,000 colors. That's the way it's set. This is not urgent, since I
have the resolution I want, but still, I would like for it to work.
Fortunately, DrakFont successfully installed my Win98 fonts (I have a
dual-boot system), so I am pleased with that part.

Any idea what might be causing this? How to fix it?

Thanks so much.

Benjamin
--
Benjamin and Anna Sher