Ben,

Actually yes. I have a real good idea what's going on. X 4.0 is still very
buggy and it might be a real good idea to install and use X 3.x until they
get the bugs worked out of X 4.0. I tried X 4.0 the first time I tried
Mandrake 7.1 and it didn't work very well. I had a terrible time getting
the display right, so I dropped back to the previous version of X. Haven't
had a problem since.

--
Mark

  ** Registered Linux user # 182496 **