I finally got this going.  Found an rpm file that was corrupt, and downloaded it again
from the cooker
site.  All is well now except one thing.  I can't open xterm in kde at all.  Any
terminal based
applications don't seem to work.  I wonder if anyone else has experienced this when
upgrading to 4.01
and if so, what's the workaround?

Thanks.

Harry