Hello,

I just installed Mandrake 7.1, and it looks great, except one or two issues.

The most important is with LILO. When I power up, LILO starts, greets me,
telling that it will boot the default image in 5 seconds, but nothing happens.

If *I* type linux, LILO boots fine, and the system works great. I have an 8.4

GBYTE HD, partitioned as follows

swap     hda5    240 MB          cyl 0-30
/        hda6    300 MB          cyl 31-68
/usr     hda7    3 GIG           following
/home/   hda8    4.5 GIG                 following

It was done this way by the installation software. /etc/lilo.conf follows.

Any help is appreciated.

         Thank you,
                 Marco

boot=/dev/hda