In desperation because I don't think it has made it to the list I'm sending
again.  Sorry if it's a dupe.

All,
    got a problem of mega proportions here.  I've got a drive given to me
by my boss.  The attempt had been made to upgrade it to Mandrake from some
unknown distro called SuperAuk.... Anyrate it seems that in order to use
large drives (20gigs) they messed with the superblocks to get around the
1024 limit.  Now I have a drive with hdc6 filled with data that must be
preserved and no way to access it because of a corrupt super block.

Original partitions  hda1  /
                             hda3  linux extend
                             hda4  swap
                             hda5  /usr
                             hda6  /home

Can't fsck or e2fsck anything but hda1  when I mount hda1 the only thing
that exists is a pointer to the home directory.  Madrake can see the
partion but cannot mount hda6  debugefs won't work without the
superblock.  A hex editor shows that data still exists on the hda6
partition.  I'd rather not have to do a hex edit line by line.  Is there
someway of doing a straight binary copy?  I'm in deep on this one folks
please anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Nightwriter