Hello,

as requested by several people, there you have my
/etc/fstab and
/etc/lilo.conf, together with my original posting.

Thanks in advance

[root@polaris marco]# more /etc/lilo.conf
boot=/dev/hda
map=/boot/map
install=/boot/boot.b
vga=normal
default=linux
keytable=/boot/us.klt
lba32
prompt
timeout=50
message=/boot/message
image=/boot/vmlinuz-secure
        label=linux
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd-secure.img
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=linux-up
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        read-only
image=/boot/vmlinuz
        label=failsafe
        root=/dev/hda1
        initrd=/boot/initrd.img
        append=" failsafe"
        read-only

/ETC/FSTAB (I also tried with a separate /boot partition
at the beginning of the drive, but it didn't work, and as
somebody noted, should be not an issue with LBA on, right?)

[root@polaris marco]# m /etc/fstab
/dev/hda1 / ext2 defaults 1 1
none /dev/pts devpts mode=0620 0 0
/dev/hda7 /home ext2 defaults 1 2
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom auto user,noauto,nosuid,exec,nodev,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy auto sync,user,noauto,nosuid,nodev 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
/dev/hda6 /usr ext2 defaults 1 2
/dev/hda5 swap swap defaults 0 0
[root@polaris marco]#