From: Mark Weaver
To: Zaleski, Matthew (M.E.)
Sent: 8/4/00 4:34 PM
Subject: Re: [expert]RE: [expert] Vmware??? How to use it.

"Zaleski, Matthew (M.E.)" wrote:

> This is the URL for installing the client tools with VMware

http://www.vmware.com/support/linux/doc/quickstart_2_rpm_linux/install_t
ools
> .html
>
> I found it by navigating from the download link which has a link to
"Quick
> Installation notes.  I will grant you that I don't believe there is
another
> way to get to this page except the way I noted.  Basically, you end up
> mounting their floppy image as drive a:.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt

Maybe
> I'm missing something...I don't know. There isn't any .tar.gz file for
> me to untar and the only image I've found is called linux.flp. What
does
> one do with this?
>
> Mark
> --
> Mark Weaver
> IT Dept./Reapernet.com
> Destiny Image Publishers
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Hi Matt,

Thanks...I manged to get the little raskel installed, but it doesn't
appear as though my machine is going to cooperate very much. The driver
is installed, but I'm still at a resolution of 640 X 480 and 16 colors.
It's ok and all. What I'm most concerned about it performance and being
able to access the network when I need to, and all that is happening for
me already.
--
Mark Weaver
IT Dept./Reapernet.com