Brian,
    I've never needed this so I'm not sure if this will work.  But have you
tried going into linuxconf and under users click on a user and then grant
him/her permission to reboot using control/alt/defeat  :)  It should work
for you, as I said I haven't tried it but according to the doc's it's
supposed to take care of that for you.

Nightwriter