Calm down; vi is part of the linux heritage, and will therefor always be around.
Well, enough peoble have been ranting about that.

If you want another editor (let's assume pico in our example), put this line
somewhere in /etc/profile:
  export EDITOR="pico"

Hope this helps you calm your nerves. ;-)

--

Rial Juan                        <http://nighty.ulyssis.org>
                e-mail:              [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The little critters in nature; they don't know they're ugly.
That's very funny... A fly marying a bumble-bee...