Submitted 17-Aug-00 by TriOptimum:
> Here are the problems:
> 1)I have recently installed Linux Mandrake 7.1 and since the first boot
> The gnome desktop icons are all messed up.. for example i see the
> drakeconf icon like a piston and the navigator icon like a sheet of paper
> with the name desktop on it. I think that maybe this is related to the fact
> i have made a raiserfs only partition..maybe???? or some other config file
> that i dunno?!? help..tnks!

Known problem.  Do "rm ~/.gnome/metadata.db" and restart gnome.  You'll
then have to recreate the default desktop icons.

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

What no spouse of a writer can ever understand is that a writer is working
when he's staring out the window.