On Sat, 19 Aug 2000, Austin L. Denyer (SysAdmin.) as root pushed some tiny
letters in this order:

> I tried installing the latest initscripts just now, and got five more
> dependency problems.  Several of these I have no idea what rpms I need
> to install to get the files.

Eeek!

> Is there an up-to-date list available that lists all files and their
> corresponding rpms?  I take it that there are no programs that could
> automate these installs (i.e, query the rpm, find any dependency issues,
> and automagically download the required additional rpms and install
> them, etc.)...

File mappings to rpms would only be valid for each distribution because it's
up to the distribution to package things in such a way that everything works.
In this case mixing what seem to be redhat rpms (.i386.rpm) with mandrake
rpms, esp. for system files, would confuse any automagic rpm downloader
software even more.

Is there an absolute need for modutils-2.3.14-1 to use your zip drive? Rather
than chasing down a zillion rpms which will more than likely give you even more
dependancy problems, if you can i'd suggest falling back to mandrake's
modutils-2.3.10-2mdk.i586.rpm found in the same upgrades directory as per
before.

Tony