Submitted 20-Aug-00 by Sarang Lakare:

> I shldn't say solved.. it  was there but i couldnt' see it.. when i did
> top, i saw 1.5GB on the machine.. but when i boot, the initial text screen
> shows only 958MB and so i thought it saw only that much.. Mandrake guys
> shld rectify this problem.. the initial screen dosn't show the right amount
> detected!

That number comes from the linux_logo program.  Please contact the
author of said program ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) to see about a fix.

--
Anton Graham                            GPG ID: 0x18F78541
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                 RSA key available upon request

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes.  I get stranger things than you free
with my breakfast cereal."
  -- Zaphod Beeblebrox [Douglas Adams, "Hithiker's Guide to the Galaxy"]