On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 04:39:28PM -0700, Gavin Clark wrote:
> It is a translation problem.

Thought so.  But by mounting the FS with the correct codepage (850) aren't I
forcing Linux to use the "correct" (as far is Windows is concerned)
translation table?  If not, what's this mount option good for then?  And I
think I can remember that when I used Red Hat I didn't have these problems,
so I suspect that I'm doing something wrong.  But what?

> Windows, Mac and UNIX all have different codes for diacriticals and most

(My German) Windows is using codepage 850 "fonts", that's why I mount the FS
under Linux with this codepage.

> I would also guess that the console doesn't have a font with umlauts anyway.

No, the console has umlaut'ed fonts.

Alexander Skwar
--
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com | http://www.dp.ath.cx
Sichere Mail?   Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED] fuer GnuPG Keys