On Wed, Aug 30, 2000 at 09:44:03AM +0200, adam narel wrote:
> Hi all
>
> First of all, I would like to say hallo to everyone on the list.
>

> I have a question regarding Mandrake 7.1 and a Adaptec AHA2940u2w SCSI card.
> There are two LVD drives connected to the LVD SCSI Wide connector and three
> Ultra SCSI Narrow drives connected to the Narrow connector on the card.
> Durning boot up I see that LVD drives are recognized as capable of working
> of 40MBps speed, no LVD - 80 MBps. Why is it so? Is Mandrake fully
> supporting my SCSI card or should I search for a patch or new kernel?

Have you used the SCSI card's BIOS to make sure the HA is set to the
appropriate speed? and otherwise set up correctlhy? Try ^A on boot to get
in to it.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature