You can use the option -dummy in cdrecord.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Gavin Clark
Sent: 4. september 2000 05:26
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [expert] iso burn

Cool.

Is there a way to do a test run - do everything but turn the laser on?

I have a USB Que drive and it loves to choke on anything above 2X - mac and
windows anyway.

I'd like to know if it can get through a 4x burn on Linux without making a
new coaster (I have a full set)

Gavin