On Tue, 2 May 2000, Stefan Srdic wrote:

> I have installed Linux Mandrake 7.1 a while back. I have been using a boot floppy
> and LINLOAD to boot into Linux whenever I'm not playing games in Windows :-D
>
> Anyway, I want to install Grub on the MBR so that I can choose at boot up which OS
> to load. I cant use LILO because of the location of the root filesystem, its above
> the 1024th cylinder.

Um, this is no longer true.  A search of www.slashdot.org for "LILO" will
show that LILO can now load kernels beyond the 1024th cylinder.  So, you
can use lilo.

However, I'm not sure what version of LILO you have.  It might be before
the amazing slick kewl nifty wow-giving progress of LILO.

(-:

I try to be helpful, from time to time....

-- Asheesh Laroia.

--
When I reflect upon the number of disagreeable people who I know who have gone
to a better world, I am moved to lead a different life.