iain wrote:

> Is there a maximum file size with a samba share. When I back up a Win 2000
> server to a samba box it halts at just over 2 Gig.
> Any suggestions ??

> [EMAIL PROTECTED]

It depends on what file system your samba share resides. If it is
an ext2 file system (standard for linux) then yes, there is a 2GB
limit. But your samba share can reside on ANY type of filesystem
(supported by linux) so you could use another type which does not
have this restriction ... one example: UDF (file system used
on dvd-roms and magneto-opticals).

Or alternatively, you could organize your backup to be segmented
in "slices" of less than 2GB.

--
Jean-Louis Debert        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
74 Annemasse  France