On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 01:50:31PM +0100, peterc wrote:
> I have just moved over to mandrake 7.1 from red-hat 6.2
> the machine that I have built does not clear out the /etc/mtab file
> when it reboots thus when the machine comes back up I get dropped into
> a shell prompt and I have to clear it out myself.
> Can any one suggest anything ?

/etc/mtab should be cleared out as your computer unmounts file systems on
shutdown; it is done in the unmount command.

Check to see if your system is unmounting file systems during a shutdown.

Also, make sure you don't have an /etc/mtab~ file, which might be a
byproduct of editing the thing.

--

                -- C^2

No windows were crashed in the making of this email.

Looking for fine software and/or web pages?
http://w3.trib.com/~ccurley

PGP signature