There are numerous books in the stores about Red Hat and almost none about
Mandrake.  Even though Mandrake is derived from RH, I understand there are
significant differences including where files are kept.  As a newbie, this
strikes terror in that if I try to use a RH rpm, etc., I moght inadvertantly
mess up my Mandrake 7.1 installation.

Therefore my question is:  what are the differences between RH and Mandrake
that a user needs to be aware of to avoid causing problems.  To include:

file locations, config, etc.(I obviously do not know what else or I would
not be asking the question).

Thank you.

Jeff Malka <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Registered Linux user  183185