My primary way of securing my home Linux box (which is on a wireless
broadband modem 24/7 and static ip) is to use ALL:ALL in my /etc/hosts.deny
file and then add specific, trusted, addresses to the hosts.allow file.  I
also have an ipchains firewall running (it's a big one that I hand
configured).  The subject line says it all.  What services running on a
Linux box ignore the hosts.deny file and just listen on the ports for
activity?

Matthew Zaleski
R&VT Vehicle Dynamics
Ford Motor Company
Phone: (313) 248-9866, Fax: (313) 390-4833
[EMAIL PROTECTED]