I've been pondering trying out the new 2.4 test
kernels, but upon recent configuring and compiling of
one, I went with IP Chains support because I do not
know how ip tables works, nor found a good script to
study.  I noticed tho that the ip_masq_* modules that
are built normally in a 2.2.x kernel were not built in
the 2.4 kernel when I went with IP Chains support.

So this has me wondering, are the modules actually
part of the new netfilter code of the 2.4 kernels, or
are the 2.4 kernels able to use the old 2.2.x
ip_masq_* modules if you add ipchains support in?

If they can't, does anyone know some good sites on
iptables, stuff that starts out simple and eventually
leads to a completed script for iptables/netfilter?

--Kumba