Ron,

You can do the same kind of filtering and still use Pine. I'm doing so
now. I have messages from the expert list going into their own folder and
messages from the newbie list to their own folder and so on and so forth
for all my mail. I send junk mail to /dev/null. That's the "bit bucket" as
I'm told. You use procmail to do all this. And all the rules are contained
in a text file that's called .procmailrc. This file resides in your home
dir, but you have to create it.

Read a few of the man pages for procmail, procmailrc and procmailex and
before you know it you'll have your own operating procmail filter
working. I had mine written, installed and working in under 30 minutes, so
it's not real hard to setup.

If you get stuck let me know and I'll send you a copy of mine and you can
modify it of you want to use on your system.

--
Mark
**  =/\=  No Penguins were harmed       | ICQ#27816299