Well...

This is the Mandrake list, thus I am using Mandrake and need to make
things work with it.  I need to print to shared network printers.  I
had been doing so via samba but they are now no longer samba shares.
I need to print directly to the printers via their ip addresses.  I
have tried various configurations with printerdrake but nothing results
in printing.

I tried the remote printer, added the ip address of the printer,
tried to print the test pages and get nothin'.  I get a message in
/var/log/messages saying that the real name of the printer could
not be accessed.  No printout results at all but the jobs get queued
and stay queued until I physically delete them.  The printers in
this case are named "e2120 tek350" and "e2420 lw".  I enter these names
as "e2420_tek350" and "e2420_lw" AND I have tried without the
underscore.

These. Are. Their. Names.  Yet I get messages about the real name
not being able to be accessed and I get no output.  These are both
postscript printers that worked fine under samba.  I was able, in the
past before the network configuration was changed, to connect
directly to the printers as well and print from them.  I could transfer
a postscript file to them and have that print out.  Basic postscript
printers.

Buchan Milne wrote:

> Praedor Tempus wrote:
> >
> > I need to print to network printers at school.  They WERE samba shares
> > until
> > recently, and I could print to them via the samba printserver.  Now,
> > they
> > are setup to be printed to directly.  Problem is, I don't know how to
> > set up
> > the printers in this way.
[...]