Same here - every 5 or so rpm's create problems that require manual
intervention - gcc, quota, and MandrakeUpdate/grpmi to mention some.
Its not reliable in that a package installs ok on one machine, but not
another (grpmi installed on both, MandrakeUpdate on only one for
instance)  selecting the package that was downloaded to /root/tmp using
kpackage installs it ok.  Good idea, poor/buggy execution.

BillK