-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of A V Flinsch
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2000 1:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] Helix update & Mandrake update

On Wed, 27 Sep 2000, you wrote:

> I've given up on MandrakeUpdate as a buggy and annoying program. I just
> use an ftp mirroring program to copy any new changes from the sources and
> then update manually. I did it over modem and now cable modem and have
> also done it over T3 and it always worked right so go for it. ;>

Same here, but I have found a use for it.
I use Mandrake update to connect and check what updates are available. Then
connect with a regular ftp client and dl the updates. This way I get to keep
the rpm's in a safe place in case I want to install on a second machine.

--
Alex
(Go easy on me, I'm a COBOL programmer in real life)