Rick Commo wrote:

> My reason for asking is strictly selfish.  If I am going to invest time in
> learning an Apps development suite does one or the other look better over
> the long term?  I am learning this for the "joy" of it I do not work in the
> Linux/Unix arena.
>
> Not trying to stir up emotions here, just trying to get some idea of the
> better way to go since I am starting with a clean slate for practical
> purposes.

But why choose when you don't have to?    Mandrake gives you both, so
you can form your own opinion from first-hand experience both running
them and developing applications for them.   Remember that KDE apps
will run under Gnome, and Gnome apps under KDE and that changing from
one GUI to the other does not involve a reboot.

--
Regards,

Ron. [AU]