Hi all,

I'm trying to install Mandrake 7.1 on a machine with a DPT Decade Raid card.
DPT provide a driver for Linux in the form of a module, which I'd like to
load during the Mandrake installation process.

The module is wrapped up in a modules.cgz file (designed for RedHat), and
modules.dep is provided also. I have extracted the actual module
(dpt_i2o.o), but when I try to insmod it, I get an error from the perl based
installer (can't tell you exactly what it is because I'm not in front of the
machine at the moment). Is there any special procedure I need to follow to
make this module work?

As an alternative, I built a kernel (v2.2.5) and compiled in the DPT driver,
and eepro100 which is required for my net card. When I try to use this with
the blank.rdz installation disk, I get a couple of problems:

1) The graphical installer doesn't work (blank screen and PC just sits
there)
2) Text mode works fine, until the network stage, where it fails to load the
eepro100  module and therefore won't let me configure networking (even
though eepro100 is compiled in so it doesn't need the module!)
3) If I skip to the next stage, it "can't retrieve zone info" and I have to
reboot

This is really driving me up the wall, if I can't find a solution I'm going
to go back to RedHat :(

Thanks for any help,

John-Paul Smith