On Fri, Oct 13, 2000 at 02:56:49PM -0500, Jeff Groves wrote:
> I've been trying to install the latest RPM of apache and mod_php.  I
> installed the apache and PHP RPMS and everything works fine until I try to
> install mod_php. Here is what happens:
>
>    rpm -ivh mod_php-4.0.2-4mdk.i586.rpm
>
>    error: failed dependencies:
>        rpmlib(VersionedDependencies) <= 3.0.3-1 is needed by mod_php-4.0.2-4mdk

It means that RPM versions prior to 3.0.4 didn't have Versioned
Dependencies.  There was a pretty good explanation not too long ago (maybe 2
or 3 days) on redhat's RPM mailing list.

If you don't care about what this actually means, just upgrade to a recent
(ie. >= 3.0.4) versio of rpm.

Alexander Skwar
--
Homepage:       http://www.digitalprojects.com | http://www.dp.ath.cx
Sichere Mail?   Mail an [EMAIL PROTECTED] fuer GnuPG Keys