On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Yes, I know, I know, it's broken, very broken, but as this was the ONLY
> gcc2.9x
> in cooker (at least in rpmfind.net), I decided to try it, perhaps it can
> seem
> to work...
> And I didn't want to shout 'Hey, you, throw that sh** of a compiler and put
> again
> the old', I proposed a mean term...let both compilers survive and the user
> chooses.

I hadn't realized that it was in the cooker tree at all.  I also wasn't
aware it was the ONLY compiler in the cooker tree.  I don't poke too often
in the cooker tree.

This sounds like a problem with package location and package creation.  I
have also had a hard time finding new packages for various things and wind
up taking the ones from the cooker or the beta.  Sometimes, the 7.2 beta
rpms don't physically work, where the "identical" cooker rpm works just
fine.  And the other question I had was if the cooker is supposed to be
the developing distribution, when/why was the beta broken of to a separate
beast.  Things were much easier to understand when Mandrake used
developmental code names and then froze those distributions and gave it
the next incremental number.  The beta/cooker parallelism really got to me.

hmmm, it must be a bad morning... already ranting in public

--
Matthew Micene
Systems Development Manager