I have a curious problem...

Sometimes when I leave the machine running and the power management daemon
shuts the monitor off, when I press a key or move the mouse to bring the
display back up, it continually flickers with mouse movement. This doesn't
happen all the time, but enough to be annoying. It also happens when I
ctrl+alt+fx to a different ttyxx, but then again, not all the time. Generally I
run enlightenment as my DM, but I have also experienced this with other DM's
like KDE, Afterstep, etc...nothing seems to cure this problem except a reboot.
I have tried restarting the server from the login manager after logging out of
my current DM, ctrl+alt+backspace to kill and re-login, and other things to no
avail. I have a PCChips PC100 M741lmrt mobo with an SiS 6326 chipset. I use
the SVGA server set at 16bit color at a res of 1024x768 normally. I have tried
different settings and still the flickering occurs sporadically...sometimes I
can have an uptime of weeks without it occurring and sometimes just a few
minutes. This has happened with every installation I have ever performed of
both mdk 7.0 and 7.1. It's got to be a hardware issue or an issue with whatever
daemon puts my monitor on standby. I thought apmd controlled this, but
disabling it doesn't prevent this from occurring. So, am I missing something
here? My monitor is Energy Star Compliant as most are (KDS Visual Sensations
7e) and I am running the stock X-server set that installs with the mdk 7.1
ISO downloadable set...All my hardware is supported, at least experimentally,
by mdk 7.1 on the surface, but is there a known issue with any of the
aforementioned video hardware? My 6326 set relies on 8mb of memory from my 160MB
of RAM and I'm not running any resource sucking graphics programs or games,
sometimes the flickering occurs when I've rebooted and then left it at the
login manager. It remains off until I touch a key or move my Logitech
MarbleMouse-two button(recognized as a Generic PS/2 with 3 button
emulation enabled)..it comes on for a second and the monitor returns to standby
during mouse movement and when mouse movement ceases. What's going on here?
This didn't occur with mdk 6.5 or redhat 6.1 installs.

--
Logos: The Word of the Aeon