Alexander Skwar wrote:

> Well, but that's very hardly noticeable.  Sure, every program grabs as much
> of the CPU, memory, cache etc.pp. as it can get, but cdrecord definitely
> isn't the worst example.

No I agree... I don't think it's CPU related: I am looking in the direction
of interrupts etcetera.

I narrowed down the problem to the following situation: it only
happens when I do *data* burning *on the fly*, i.e. directly from
cd-rom to cd-rw (audio on-the-fly would probably cause the same
but I don't do that).

It does not happen when I burn an image from HD.

More suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Felix

--