Larry Marshall wrote:

> > I have no problems anymore  under SuSE 6.4 (SMP kernels: 2.2.14 or
> > 2.2.17) with WPO 2000 (german) or PhotoPaint (english) after finding
> > Corel's install script for non-Debian distros.
>
> This is interesting.  I just got a CD with SuSE7.0 from the latest
> Linux Format but I haven't done anything with it yet.

> > ... but with LM7.1 ...
> >
> > I have tried several complete fresh installations of  LM 7.1(SMP
> > kernel), WPO 2000 and Photo Paint (WPO 2000 german, Photo Paint
>
> Don't know that it should matter but I am running WPO in English.  I
> just checked, because I've got WP open right now.  The version I've
> got is 9.0.0.765.  I've had a couple times where it looks as though

german version I am using is 9.0.0.765 as well.

I did the same installation on SuSE 7.0 professional  as on SuSE 6.4 on
simpler hardware: K6II 266, S3 GX2 graphics (noname), 1 IDE HD, 1 IDE
CDROM, 1 SCSI adapter NCR53C810 (onely as reserve, no device connected),
PCI sound 1024 live retail (ct4760 board).

Onely on minor problem with this installation: the KDE menu entries for
Photo Paint 9 were lacking. Have to be transferred "manually" from the 6.4
installation of the other box to the SuSE 7.0 installation. Everything
else seems to be as under SuSE 6.4.

> No SCSI on my work machine but otherwise I don't see any differences
> that would cause a problem.  On another topic, what SCSI scanner are
> you using?

Agfa Snapscan 600

Question: how should I interpret the relative silence of  this list about
WPO 2000.
Several possibilities come to my mind:

- this discussion about WPO 2000 happened  before I subscribed to this
list some days ago.

- (different from Larry Marshall and me) there is consensus that WPO 2000
is a bad product and nearly no one has bought it.

- there is a much better Office product. Which?

- (different from Larry Marshall) there is general consensus about
mandrake: don't use it for WPO 2000.

Joachim