> Try this :
>
> mirrordir -v --no-chown --exclude-glob ".in.*" \
> ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub/linux/mandrake-devel/cooker/ \
> /mnt/linux2/
>
> (change the last directory to your own destination).

FWIW, I just tried this.  It seems to put the files in the right place, but I'm still
getting all sorts of errors:

mirrordir: unable to open control file for reading:
ftp://x.x.x.x//home/user/subdir/June201.jpg: Permission denied

(This file doesn't exist in the subdir folder, it exists elsewhere.)

mirrordir: ---verbose--- creating directory: /tmp/test/user/_vti_cnf
mirrordir: error trying create directory: /tmp/test/user/_vti_cnf: File exists

(Of course it exists, it just went there a few files ago and created it!)

Is it me, or is this sucker really broken??

Bob