Thanks for all of your help, I finally managed to get both of these
clones working properly. A problem that I overlooked was an IRQ
conflict between a legacy SB16 and the DE-250 NIC, to solve this I had
to recofigure the DE-250 to io=0x340 and irq=9 (irq=10 was used by the
SB16)

After all of the conflicts where settle my /etc/conf.modules looked
like:
alias eth0 ne
alias eth1 ne
options eth0 -o ne-0 io=0x300 irq=11
options eth1 -o ne-1 io=0x340 irq=11

>Not if they're both set to the same IP address, or on the same
>network. Did you mean, say, 192.168.0.3\24 and 192.168.1.3\24??

Thanks for the tip, I should have remembered that from my Network+
studies :-=D

Stef