Run "depmod -av " and look at the results to see that the modules you
are interested in have been processed.  "man depmod or insmod or
modprobe" for more info.  Most distro's run depmod automaticly on
bootup.  Also, get rid of the module file you created - sometimes the
wrong one may get picked up, causing grief if they are not the same.

BillK