I am running the last ISO Mandrake v7.2 and have a question about
installing some of the lastest cooker apps specifically Licq and
Python.  When I try to upgrade to the lastest cooker version of these
application they require the latest glibc, libstdc++.  If I try to
install these libraries I have serious compatibility problems with other
libraries and other applications.  Is there a work around for this.
When I was running Mandrake v7.1 I was running Licq v1.03 now I am stuck
running 0.85 yet I running a new version of Mandrake.  It just doesn't
make sense.  One other probelm I am having with is Pine.  When I write a
message I cannot send and get the following message in my mail log file:

Nov 20 21:59:17 bonnie sendmail[5628]: eAL3xHl05628: SYSERR(gjd): Can't
create transcript file ./xfeAL3xHl05628: Permission denied

I also get this message when sending through mail apps through my web
browser.  Any idea?  Thanks.

--

/ Gary DeMontigny    / TeleSoft Systems
/ www.telesoft.mb.ca / [EMAIL PROTECTED]