--- fabian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       When I rebooted the computer and after fixing the
> file system
> Linux started the X manager and the system died
> again. I wish I could let
> the system know at booting time not to start the X
> server in order to
> delete the added line in the XF86Config file.
>       Is there a way to do this? THANK YOU.
Hello,

Edit /etc/inittab
change id:5:initdefault: to id:3:initdefault
this will start your system in full multi/user mode
with networking but without X.  Anytime you mess with
X, always do this first.  In this run level, type
startx at the prompt to test the X, and
ctrl-alt-backspace to drop out.
-ron