Hi,

No, this did not solve the problem. It seems that for whatever reason, my
running an SMP kernel is a problem. I can not get the headers to match up to
SMP. VM's config script says the following.

The kernel defined by this directory of header files is uniprocessor, while
yourrunning kernel is multiprocessor.

I even found reference to this problem in there troubleshooting database
(RedHat 7.x complaint) and there supposed woraround was to change a line in
/usr/scr/linux/include/autoconf.h to indicate or rather only default to SMP 1.
This was already this way in my autoconf.h and it doesn't make any difference
whather I tell it that it is SMP kernel or not... VM sees an SMP kernel and
sees uP headers. I can't remember having this problem before. Please HELP!

Perry