On 18 Nov, Brent Timmer wrote:
> Okay, I was playing a simple game of pingus, and tried to exit.  It froze,
> and I had to force a log out.  Then, my resolution was messed up.  I went
> into drakconf to fix it, and it said I had to restart kdeinit.  I logged
> out, and restarted x server, and it seemed to go into an endless loop.  I
> restarted linux, and it won't go to the log in screen.  I log in as root,
> type kdeinit, and it says "$DISPLAY is not set."  I'm sure someone can help
> me on this one, please?

Hmmm... Did you try sending this to the folks on the Pingus list?

MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED --> UPDATE YOUR ADDRESSBOOK

Laurent Duperval                   "Montreal winters are an intelligence test,
Netergy Networks - Java Center            and we who are here have failed it."
Phone: (514) 282-8484 ext. 228                                   -Doug Camilli
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]           Penguin Power!