In my previous 7.1 install if I typed "halt" or "reboot" when I was a user it
would ask me for my password and then run the command, that is, I could
shutdown my computer when logged in as a user, and not just from the X login
screen.

In 7.2 I can't.  Where is this little feature anabled/disabled?  I would like
to have it back.

What would be REALLY cool is if anyone who was logged into my computer from
the computer itself had the ability to shut it down.. while anyone who was
logged in remotely couldn't.

Is this hard?  Or, like SO MANY other cool things that linux does, has
someone thought of it already and set it up?  How can I enable it?

Thanks,
        Tom